Thank you, David Kanigan at Lead.Learn.Live. for the nomination for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. What a delightful start to my morning!
To accept the award, the rules are:
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Post the award image to your page
- Tell seven facts about yourself
- Nominate 10 other blogs
- Let them know they are nominated
Seven facts about me:
- I’m addicted to murder mysteries. It started with Nancy Drew. My favourite is P.D. James
- My piano practicing is extremely inconsistent.
- I run – currently I’m training for my first-ever organized run/race – a half-marathon in October.
- Although I’ve posted a lot of Mozart on this blog, my favourite composer is Bach.
- I’m the daughter of a biology teacher who instilled in me a love of nature and hiking. Thanks, Dad.
- I grew up in small-town Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan – the family moved to the Big City when I was 12 and I’ve never looked back.
- I enjoy watching the amc tv series Breaking Bad.
Here’s where I’m breaking the rules slightly. At the top of my list for inspiring bloggers – those I would nominate – is David Kanigan. He posts a wide range of stuff that inspires him – art, music, poetry, quotes, humour – the list goes on. He’s also been an encouragement to me – hitting that Like button and leaving comments; even when the post has been deep in music jargon, he has somehow found something to Like about it. (I’ve never met him, nor have I met any of the other bloggers I’m nominating). Merci, mon ami.
A sometime-blogger who has been an inspiration and encouragement from the first month of my blog is David McKay. He write for the Mitchell Conservatorium in Australia, but also posts prolifically on Facebook on matters musical and theological (another passion of mine).
To round out my list – eight other bloggers who inspire me and who get my nomination for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
- Sandy @ Another Lovely Day
- Joy @ Color in my Piano
- Gail @ PianoAddict
- Jennifer @ Pianimiation
- Erica @ Beyond the Notes
- Susan @ Susan Paradis’ Piano Teaching Resources
- Elissa @ Elissa Milne
- Dana @ Kids & Keys
Photo credit: Mark Ahenda (son)